Address: 8445 Melbu
In Hikers Paradise, you will find quite a lot of accessible mountains to hike – also in winter time. It really doesn`t matter where you go, the unbeatable combinations of mountains and sea, will make the hike an amazing experience. When on top of a mountain, the view is so fantastic that you want to stay there forever.
Our guided tours in the winter time, are in the mountains close o Melbu and Stokmarknes, which is located in the southern part of Vesterålen. Our guides will “spice” the hike with interesting stories and facts about the area and the area where we are hiking.
There are a lot of eagles in our region. We can almost guarantee that we will see this majestic bird soar over us, looking for a prey. Moose is also common to see, while the population is large in the area.
The light in wintertime is magical. The colorful, cold light shining on the snow covered mountains is fascinating. We take security seriously, and our guests will be equipped with poles and crampons when needed.
Programme for our guests:
1. Pick-up points are Melbu Hotell, Melbu or Hurtigrutens Hus, Stokmarknes.
2. Transport to the mountain we are to ascend, which is maximum 15 minutes drive from the pick-up points. When arriving on the foot of the mountain, our guests will be provided with poles and crampons.
3. Guided hike. During the hike there will be plenty of breaks where you can enjoy the view, food and drinks. Remember to bring your camera.
4. After 3-4 hours, we will return to pick up points.
This is included:
• Transport from pick up points
• Poles an crampons
• Mountain guide.
Important to know:
• Our mountain guide demands correct shoes and outfit. You will not be allowed to participate on a hike, if the outfit is incorrect.
• Food and drinks are important for a good tour experience. In winter time we recommend something hot to drink.
• Telephone +47 959 24 921
Price per person: NOK 795