Address: 8445 Melbu
The winter lights are amazing in our region. A magical light, which will shine upon the mountains and decorate the sky, is a part of the surroundings where we make the hike. Our “dark season” is actually our “color season”.
“Go slow, and feel the stillness, isn`t that also a part of the joy of being in the nature?”
Odd Børretzen, Norwegian folk singer
From our winter camp, we will be walking in easy terrain. The surroundings are beautiful, and our guide share his knowledge of the area with our guests while walking. There are a lot of eagles in the area, and there is a good chance to see this fantastic bird. Our guide will also tell about the cave, which the eagle hunters used while capturing eagles for sale in Europe. We will serve hot drinks on this hike.
This hike is not demanding, and will fit almost everyone. You do not need trainig in walking on snowshoes.
Programme for our guests:
1. Pick up points are Melbu Hotell, Melbu or Hurtigrutens Hus, Stokmarknes.
2. Transport to the area we will visit. This is located maximum 20 minutes drive from the pick-up points.
3. Information and distribution of equipment at the camp. Adjusting snowshoes and poles.
4. Snowshoe hike for about 2,5 hours. During the hike, there will be a beverage break.
5. After an experience to remember, we will return to the pick-up points
This is included:
• Transport and guided snowshoe hike.
• Leasing of snowshoe and poles.
• Hot drinks and snacks
Important to know:
• Our guide demands correct shoes and outfit. You will not be allowed to participate on this tour, if the outfit is incorrect.
• Telephone +47 959 24 921
Price per person: NOK 945,-