Address: Alsvåg, 8432 Alsvåg
The Basic Exhibition: Developments in the fishing village – a journey through time
The Øksnes of today emerges as a high-tech fishing village, based on several thousand years of experience. Fishing has been going on in Øksnes since the Stone Age. With the help of archaeogical finds and sites, together with written sources, we can follow developments in the fishing villages from the Stone Age to the present.
– Guided tours in Alsvåggården – the old farm house, the old shop and the museum exhibition halls
– Sale of coffee in the farm house
– Sale of books, sweets, toys and more in the old shop
– Activities and games for the children
– Demonstration: How to cook in a cooking pit
2015-06-16 - 2015-08-10, 11:00 - 17:00 (Tu, We, Th, Fr)
2015-06-16 - 2015-08-10, 12:00 - 17:00 (Sa, Su)
Adults NOK 50
Groups (min. 12 persons), students and seniors NOK 25
Children/Youth under 16 years free.